Like Find My iPhone option on Apple devices that proudly touted as an anti-theft measure, Android has added a similar feature called the Android Device Manager for GPS-equipped smartphones and tablets. It allows you to locate your lost device and also change passwords, lock screen PINs, and even remotely wipe your missing unit.
Android Device Manager functions:
- location tracking: Provided that your android device is active and connected to the Internet, you may have access to its location.
- Ring: This option will play your phone or tablet's default ringtone at full volume for five minutes unless you press the power button
- Lock device screen with lock PIN:
- Erase All Data:
How to active Android Device Manager:Before you start using all functions, you'll need to activate Android Device Manager on your phone.
1. Open your Apps list and find Google settings (in same device go to settings > Google)
2. Scroll down then tap Security.
3. Make sure Allow remote lock and erase is turned on.
How to Find you phone with Android Device Manager:To access to your device with Android Device Manager, you need just Android Device Manager App installed on an other android device or a computer with Web access and a Google account.
google.com/android/devicemanager on a computer Web browser, and check your list of devices. If you already have an android device with Android Device Manager services turned on then it should automatically appear on your list, if you have more than device, you can switch between devices by clicking on the name and a drop down menu will appear.