Xiaomi has unveiled its Mi5C, a cheaper version of the Xiaomi Mi5. It's the first phone to include the company's own chipset, and it goes on sale in China on 3 March. Here's everything you need to know about the Xiaomi Mi5C, price, specs and release date.
Xiaomi Mi 5C specs:
- 5.15-inch, 2,560x1,600-resolution display
- 5.6x2.7x0.27 inches (144.4x70.7x7.1mm)
- 2.2GHz octa-core Surge S1 processor
- 12 megapixel rear camera, 8 megapixel front-facing camera
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB of internal memory
- 2,860mAh non-removable battery
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- Rose Gold, Black, Gold variations
Xiaomi Mi 5C Price:
Xiaomi Mi 5C clearly wins on price, It'll cost 1,500 yuan, which converts to around $220, AU$280 and £175, when it launches on March 3 in China. That's a good bit lower than the 2,700 yuan ($400, AU$500, £315) the Mi 5 cost last year.
As with previous phones from the innovative Chinese electronics company, it'll run MIUI, a customised version of Android. It's based on Android 7.1 Nougat, first introduced last October with Google's own Pixel phones.