As you know, there are many advantages of using custom ROM on your device but along with it, there might be some disadvantages also. if you are installed a custom rom before and you want to return it to your Stock ROM, or you need to flash your android with an updated official rom, follow this tutorial using Odin on Computer.
If you are confused with Custom Rom and Stock ROM:
- Stock ROM is an official firmware which is preinstalled on every new device.
- Custom ROM is modified version of Operating System such as Cyanogen.
I suggest you take backup of your device before proceeding any steps. So let’s start the process.
What is ODIN?ODIN is firmware flashing tool that is used to flash firmware image on all android Samsung devices, odin can help us to:
- Flash stock Rom.
- unbrick Samsung device
- Communicate with Samsung Mobile using USB cable
- Gaining root access
- Installing Custom Rom(firmware)
- Install kernel
Pre-Requirements to Flash stock ROM:
Where to download Stock Firmware?You can download the system firmware via Sammobile or Updato website which you will need your model number to get the correct firmware and make sure you select the correct region as well.
How to install Samsung Stock ROM:
Once you've downloaded stock firmware you will need to use ODIN to flash the firmware into the device, and have the tablet booted into download mode via the power + home + volume down and have the tablet plugged into computer via USB. Select AP / PDA and point that to the downloaded firmware, don't worry here is the detailed explanation:
1. Turn on your Samsung device into Downloading mode. by shutting the device down and pressing the Power key+ Home key + Volume down key Simultaneously until the warning screen appear, and press Volume up key to boot into downloading mode.
2. Connect the device to computer with USB cable and launch Odin on your computer, when the software successfully detect your phone, you'll see the Added!!! message on the Log section. Or you can tell it from the light-blue box on the ID:COM section.
3. On Odin3, click "PDA" or "AP" (the name differs on the different version of Odin3), and choose the ROM file you have downloaded. Then click "Start" on the bottom. The software will start the flashing. You can see the flashing progress on Log section.
Make sure you extract the downloaded file first as it comes compressed and the extracted file comes in a .tar format. Make sure you keep the check / tick boxes as is. Do not modify them as it is dangerous to do so. Then click start and wait for it to say green PASS! then it is safe to unplug tablet.
That all about how to install android Stock rom on phone from pc using Odin tool.